The South African National Research and Education Network (SA NREN) which is constituted out of a partnership collaboration between the SANReN Competency Area at the CSIR Meraka Institute and the Tertiary Education and Research Network of South Africa (TENET), hosted a parallel session at the CHPC National Meeting 2015.
There were a diverse range of presentations at the session. The session chair was Dr. Renier van Heerden.
The following presentations were made:
- Keynote: Leon Staphorst (SANReN CA) and Duncan Greaves (TENET): The SA NREN as an enabler of South Africa’s Research Community
- Andrew Wilson, Lucidview: Demonstration on how LucidView uses Big Data to add more value for Security, Trending Analysis and Management
- Johann Tonsing, Netronome: Software Defined Networking: Concepts, Rationale and Outlook
- Erasmus Burger, University of Pretoria: Communications and fieldwork in Antarctica, from a field-based scientist’s point of view
- Prof. Barry Irwin, Rhodes University: SANReN as a research enabler – A darknet case study
- Roderick Mooi, SANReN CA: Big Data, Faster (aka Operating Innovative Networks)