SANReN is presenting a 1/2 day workshop at the eResearch Africa 2019 conference at the University of Cape Town on Tuesday, 16 April 2019.
Please register at: http://www.eresearch.ac.za/era/registration
SANReN are looking for researchers/scientists/IT facilities of Research Institutes in South Africa who need to transfer big data sets from/to one or more external sources to/from their institutions. These include to and from international and National sites.
The aim of this 1⁄2 day workshop is to help South African researchers to transfer large data sets by using the SANReN Data Transfer Pilot service or by setting up their own hardware and data transfer tools
- Networking challenges when transferring large data sets
- Data Transfer Architecture: The Science DMZ Model
- Large Data Transfer tools: Globus
- Network monitoring tools: Perfsonar
- SANReN Data Transfer Pilot service Proof of Concept: Progress and Results
Any queries, please email email@example.com